A trip to that London

Friday 1 June 2012

Apologies for my lack of blogging recently. I have been crafting, and working, and having some time off, and doing lots of WI-based things.

I am still working on the Images of Japan quilt and the cross stitch flower series, so will have updates on those soon.

For now, here are some pictures of my trip to London town. I went down on Sunday and stayed for a few nights. It was the WI AGM on Wednesday at the Royal Albert Hall, which was the reason for the visit, but I decided to extend my stay a little so I could do some sightseeing. I timed it just right as the weather was glorious!

I saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.
Visited the Queen's Gallery to see the exhibition of Da Vinci's anatomical drawings.
 Went to the V&A and saw the fashion exhibitions, Japan gallery and Golden Spider Silk textiles.
 Nipped through Leicester Square for pizza and had a quick look in the National Portrait Gallery.
 Went to the AGM at the Royal Albert Hall.
 Ate ice cream with Hayley at Hampton Court Palace.
Phew! And then back home for some rest! It's raining up north now, quelle surprise.

2 comments:

veronica Friday, 01 June, 2012  

was a great meeting, wasn't it! Did look for you, but was way across the hall from your federation, wouldn't have had a chance to get there - your suffolk puff brooch went too!

Valerie Friday, 01 June, 2012  

It's a while since I visited your blog. Hope you enjoyed the AGM in London ... it's four years since I went.

Just to confuse you (maybe) I returned your 'follow' on Twitter but need to tell you that I am tweeting under a new account - not the one you followed. Watch out for Walmley WI and that will be me, but under a new account.

Take care.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP