Another patchwork block

Thursday 22 March 2012

This week was the third of the beginners' patchwork sessions at the WI Office.

We were learning curved blocks such as Drunkard's Path and Corner to Corner Curve.

Except I didn't really take to them!

First of all I got bored with all the drawing round templates and cutting out. Then I had issues pinning the pieces together around the curve because of my long nails. Then I found them difficult to stitch by hand so tried on the machine. Then my bobbin ran out.

So I threw a fit and gave up! I will go back and finish it at some point, but it just wasn't my day for it!

Instead I started on another Courthouse Steps block. I didn't manage to finish that before I had to leave, but I have got another block nearly ready to go.



This is Tumbling Blocks. I do like paper piecing and the optical illusion and geometric shapes please me.

I have also been working on the Japanese folded fabric quilt, so that could be done fairly soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP